Monday, December 1, 2014

City Sidewalks 3-Part Shadow Box Collage


Hey there Paper Peeps! Ginny here and I'm very excited to share a project I created with loads of patterned papers, vintage images, and of course trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon! This creation is a shadow box with three sections like walking the city sidewalks at Christmas Time : )

I used trims from this months Ribbon Club Assortment Winter Wonderland Mix....so gorgeous!!!


I would be shocked if I get through the season without using every itty bitty little bit of this selection!


After doing wayyy too much math..I arrived at a good base to cover with the patterned papers and the brick texture from running the gray cardstock through the embosser then gently inking with white ink. I also created a lovely little wreath so I could add a bow created with Silver Metallic Grosgrain and a bit of extra length for  a faux garland.


Each "Storefront" has a different window display with vintage images over fun patterned paper with a great black and white check. I clipped some stripes from the paper to add a nice detail to the top of the collage and finished it off with festive tinsel trim.


To anchor the corners I added a sweet little poofy bow of Gray Plaid, a glittery snowflake, holly leaves, and pretty sparkly winter flowers. Inside the box itself I added a bit of chunky tinsel garland....because it's shiny....and I love shiny!
 I've already added this to my hutch in my kitchen...I'm working on a black and white theme for Christmas this year and this coordinates perfectly!
Okay that's all for me...wishing you all a happy and productive day with lots of time to be creative : )

7 comments :

  1. This is so darling! Is the base of it made of chipboard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! I can't imagine the work on that - and the math????? OMG1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this is so creative and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Love those ribbons! Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning & Beautiful!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous! I love the little shadow boxes and vintage images.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say