Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Valentine Headpiece

Hi Everyone...it's Teresa here today. I have to admit- I love Valentines not only for the candy but also for all the neat things that you can make to give to all those special people in your life.  I think it just makes life more fun to spoil people and give them a reason to smile... so with that in mind today, I am sharing a Valentine headpiece that I made to give to a special daughter, granddaughter or friends little girl and you could even make a cute dress to go with it for her.  Wouldn't that be just the nicest thing to surprise her with.


To make this project you will need a thin wire base to attach the flowers and ribbons to.  I found a piece of wire with clear crystals on it, so I cut a piece and twisted about 3 layers of the wire together and first attached the roses evenly across it.  Then I tied small bits of ribbons, tulle and stamens to fill in all the spaces between the roses.  And to finish it I cut long pieces of the ribbon to hang down the back and this way you can make it bigger if you needed to just in case.  

Here is a list of products that I used to make it:
Cottage Roses, metallic edged satin in red, white swirl organza, red tulle, stamens, white organza ribbon, glue gun and crystal wire in silver. Another neat product is the wild orchid bead craft berry sprays... they would really be cute between the roses too maybe in pink with pink roses?

I hope I have you inspired to make something fun with roses this time and be sure and check the blog all this month for more amazing projects from the rest of the design team.... Have a great day!!

8 comments :

  1. It's adorable! So beautiful, romantic... I love it!!!
    Outi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! So very pretty, X

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAUW absolut stunning work, and so romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful head piece so many uses great project

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable. I could also see children dancing around the may pole with these on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa, this is something that my granddaughters would eat up with a spoon! I need to see if I can make a couple of these for Valentine's day. So gorgeous...and so clever! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for the kind words... RRR has amazing things to create with, so happy to be able to share some ideas :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say