Monday, January 15, 2018

Sweet Button Card

Hello, and welcome!  It's so nice to have you visit us today.  It's Karen Letchworth today sharing a sweet card I created for Really Reasonable Ribbon using some older patterned papers from my stash.  They are from October Afternoon's 5 & Dime collection.  Well, actually it's just one piece of patterned paper from this collection, but I used both sides of it.  Once I had the patterned paper in place, I added half of a vintage cream doily on the bottom of my card, and then I ran a width of Forsythia Seam Binding across my card to create a border.  Did you know that Seam Binding comes in 24 gorgeous colors, and costs just $0.30/yard?  Yup!  It's just $1.50 for five yards of this amazing trim.
Next, I die-cut a button card and stamped it with a button-themed stamp set.  I attached the button card using two small strips of Scor-Tape (a fabulous long-lasting Adhesive).  I attached four buttons to the button card, and ran some Lemonwood Striped Baker's Twine through the center of the white button, and a bit of Olive Burlap String through the holes in the red button.  On the left of the button card, I attached a sweet bow cluster that includes a few White Double-Head StamensBaby Pink Double-Head Stamens, and Red Double-Head Stamens, a piece of the Forsythia Seam Binding, a length of Dusty Olive Seam Binding and some knotted Cherry Baker's Twine, and is topped with a White Flatback Pearl.
Did you know that almost every single day, you can find a lovely new project right here on the Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog to inspire you?  It's true...LOTS of great inspiration and all kinds of fabulous ideas for using all of the wonderful products found at Really Reasonable Ribbon, joining our monthly Blog Hops, and to to learn about special sales and promotions taking place in the RRR Shop.  We hope you'll visit often.  Thanks again for visiting us today.

Have a great week!
Karen

2 comments :

  1. Such a splendid card and love those adorable buttons and special ribbons and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Love the vintage button card.
    Love the happy colors.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say